Sprite Pencil enables you to create beautiful pixel art sprites on the go. Sprite Pencil has a simple set of tools, and a powerful drawing engine. Sprite Pencil allows you to open and edit pixel art images you may already have in Files. Sprite Pencil supports in-place file editing so you can use your own file organization.
• iCloud Drive support
• Apple Pencil support
• Drawing engine built exclusively for Apple platforms
• Handpicked color palettes
• Import color palettes
• Move, rotate, flip, fill, and posterize sprites
• Easy outlines
• Symmetric drawing mode
• Automatic shading brushes
• Share your pixel art with scaling options
• Create pixel art stickers in the iMessage app
• Display your sprites in a widget
Sprite Pencil Positive Reviews
Simple but completely functionalThis app is very simple to use, but it does everything that I was hoping it could and more! It is well worth the money..Version: 3.0.1
Really good app!This is a really good pixel art app! It is perfect for beginners, and pros alike! I didn’t get the app for what I am about to report, but I wanna say this anyway so maybe you can fix it. Whenever I search for something, using search, it crashes. This is the same case for my brother too, so maybe you can fix it in the future! But overall, 5 star app except the crashing..Version: 3.1
Almost the BestThis sprite editor is phenomenal, but is missing some features that even free pixel art apps have. Here are some suggestions that I have.
1. Resize canvas / art
This is probably the most basic one. Just being able to resize the canvas would be great.
2. Import photo
Maybe be able to import a picture from inside the editor or something?
I’ve seen two apps so far that support animation within the app. That is all.
sprites won’t export as transparent
That’s all I have. Other than these (especially number 1), this is a great app!.Version: 4.1
Great app overallI like how this app allows someone Iike me who cannot draw at all to create little creations that I can be proud of. Easy and fun to use, this is an amazing app overall..Version: 2.7
GreatI like the pixels in and it helps me draw, but the only thing I wish it had was where you can make an animation with the pixels, like an old video game. But it overall a great drawing app. Thank you for making this..Version: 3.1.3
Straight Forward, intuitive, and simpleDoes exactly what you want it to do and it does it well..Version: 3.1.1
Good but there are some small issuesIt works well but there is no undo button, zooming in/out is weird and doesn't work with a mouse..Version: 3.1.2
FantasticAbsolutely awesome. Easy to use but still has plenty of features..Version: 4.4
Almost There !I wish there is an animation tool .. and more updates .. Keep going.Version: 3.1.3
Great, but could improveI just got this app and it’s definitely amazing what I can do with it but there’s a few glaring flaws that hold me back with what I make that I’d love to see improved upon. I gave this app 4 stars mostly because it could easily be a 5 star rated app with a few simple improvements.
1. Exporting Sprites: the app crashes for me whenever I try to export a finished sprite. I’m capable or screenshotting and saving it myself or even changing it to a transparent image, but that shouldn’t be on me to change.
2. Scrolling: using the scroll tool to move your sprite around the canvas is nice on paper, but it doesn’t tell you that anything you move off screen is deleted. I unfortunately had to redo a sprite cuz it was mostly cut off due to this. A little border or buffer to stop you from moving it off screen would be nice to avoid this
3. Zoom Tool, or lack thereof: working with extremely small sprites is difficult. I personally feel like I could make MASSIVE improvements in what I make if I had the ability to zoom in and work on smaller details. That would be a MASSIVE quality of life change, to be able to zoom in and work closely on pieces that use large layouts and small pixels that are normally unusable with my finger on an iPhone screen. Most importantly, if you take my advice on implementing this tool, PLEASE make it so zooming in would NOT delete the sprites that move off screen like the movement tool does currently.
4. More colors: after my other suggestions this one may seem small but I think adding a color wheel option would greatly improve how much could be done with this app. I know photo editing apps that offer an entire color wheel of the color spectrum, and that app is free. It would be nice to see that implemented here.
If a developer happens to be reading this: thank you for your time and your effort. You’ve done great so far on this app but there is so much potential for improvement. This app has allowed me to make sprite art for original characters who I never before had the ability to represent visually (as someone with very little artistic skill with a pen and paper, using a pixel canvas gives me a lot more room to work.) I would absolutely love to see this app expand so I could put more time into it and just increase the detail and quality of my work and for once be able to make actual art.Version: 2.1
Amazing app.Not sure how this became free, I’ve been meaning too buy it for a month however, I checked today however and it became free.
Have been working on textures all day and I love using this app, it would have been well worth the purchase if I had, it’s a breeze and very easy too use.
Some of the icons overlap on iPhone SE, not important but worth a note..Version: 2.7
Awesome!I highly recommend this app if you want to practice pixel art, or do some easy game design ideas. Very easy to use..Version: 2.7
Free International Money Transfer 💸Enjoy high maximum transfers into more than 20 currencies while saving up to 90% over local banks! The cheap, fast way to send money abroad. Free transfer up to 500 USD!Version: 4.4