Within the border(hi)stories project, the 20th century history of the settlements situated in the Austrian – Hungarian border area and the history of the everyday life and destiny of the people living there were processed. During this period, the national identity of the people living along the border area was constantly changing, often influenced by mutual exclusion and confrontation. The resulting conflicts and events are also embodied in symbolic memorial sites. The border(hi)stories project recalls the history of events, conflicts and collaborations from the World War I. to the present day, from both Hungarian and Austrian perspective, by presenting memorial sites on both sides of the border.
In order to make the knowledge already available about history and the new results processed within the project available to the public, an interactive traveling exhibition was implemented.
Take a look at the 5 selected objects / symbols of the traveling exhibition in augmented reality!
The application allows the display of 5 symbolic objects in augmented reality, each of which is related to an important historical event and / or settlement.
Look for photos marked with … in the exhibition to view selected objects and related information in augmented reality.
Objects displayed in augmented reality in the application:
1. Flag with a hole - Symbol of the revolution of 1956
2. Bicycle fork - A bicycle fork, which was shot through during the 1956 volley fire in Mosonmagyaróvár in front of the barracks - the owner of the bicycle, Ferenc Schwendtner, an alumina factory worker, lost one of his legs in the fire.
3. Submachine Gun - The Soviet PPSh-41 7.62mm submachine gun was most commonly used by the Red Army in World War II.
4. Iron Curtain - A piece of the barbed wire fence of the Iron Curtain.
5. Stethoscope - a wooden stethoscope carved by Dr. József Bencze at the Mühldorf concentration camp.
The full material of the traveling exhibition and more information on historical events across the border can be found at www.borderhistories.eu .
Border(hi)stories App Comments & Reviews
What do you think Border(hi)stories ios app? Can you share your thoughts and app experiences with other peoples?
Please wait! Facebook comments loading...
Border(hi)stories on Social Media
Free International Money Transfer 💸Enjoy high maximum transfers into more than 20 currencies while saving up to 90% over local banks! The cheap, fast way to send money abroad. Free transfer up to 500 USD!Version: 1.0
Payoneer 💰Payoneer is an online payment platform that lets you transfer money from any corner of the world! A best and must have payment service for every blogger, traveler, freelancer, affiliate marketer, consultant, virtual assistant, business person, online sellers, and receivers. Earn $25 for free by joining Payoneer. Sign Up Now!Version: 1.0