The current method to perform a barge loadout requires hours of work by professional engineers. This method has been used because it works but there is a better way with new software technology.
The 250 app now streamlines the technical aspects of a barge loadout for 250ftx72ftx16ft (76.20mx21.95mx4.88m) deck barges. The app performs intact and damage stability with IMO and DNVGL stability criteria, and also produces a stability report to submit to third party or client. This app is for office or field personnel to quickly perform loadout calculations and make modifications in the field with a tablet or smart phone. This allows personnel to streamline the barge loadout process without requiring professional engineer to calculate every change. Although it is recommended that a professional engineer review the final report, any field modifications can be done by field personnel; thus minimizing the number of revisions and time required for review by professional engineer. This will save significant amount of time and decrease costs.
The apps simple interface allows the user to plan in advance or change a barge loadout on site with your phone or tablet. The user can add cargo and ballast to the barge and get instant results and an updated report. Report can be printed or saved as a PDF for signature and transmission.
The report format has been approved by all the major oil companies, IMO, and DNV. Calculations are based on hydrostatic tables approved by ABS. Calculations use IMO and DNV methods to produce results for the report. The app was developed and crossed checked with a model built and ran in MOSES. Model was previously approved by IMO and DNV.
This app is limited to intact and damage stability for normal operations as required by IMO and DNVGL. It is not intended for special operations like jacket launches or salvage response; i.e. grounding, capsizing, or parbuckling.
A short list of barges this app will work for are listed here: JMC-250, JMC-251, JMC-2511, JMC-2515, JMC-2516, JMC-252, JMC-253, JMC-256, JMC-258, Dowden Spirit, Cape Cod, MARMAC 15, MARMAC 16, MARMAC 18, MARMAC 19; MARMAC 20, and more.
This app will work for any 250x72x16ft (76.20mx21.95mx4.88m) barge.
• User inputs the cargo and ballast (if any). Cargo information should come from drawings or field measurements. User can also modify lightship and loadline (consult Naval Architect if doing so).
• Calculations update report instantly. Report format has been approved by all major oil companies, DNV, and IMO.
• Save money by eliminating expensive software subscriptions.
• Decrease engineering time to minimize cost.
• Data is extracted from ABS approved stability booklet.
• Calculations use IMO and DNV methodology.
• Calculations are only updated with new input from user (saves battery life).
• User input is saved on device but make a printout for backup.
• Take screen shots to share with coworkers
• Units are in feet and long tons (0.984 LT = 1 metric tons)
Why is this app not free??
• NO in app purchases, NO subscriptions, NO ads, NO data collection, NO locked features.
• Provide a high-quality product to the customer at the lowest price.
Poseidon Vessel Management does NOT collect any of your information, but feel free to tell everyone about our apps!
250 Barge Loadout App Comments & Reviews
What do you think 250 Barge Loadout ios app? Can you share your thoughts and app experiences with other peoples?
Please wait! Facebook comments loading...
250 Barge Loadout on Social Media
Free International Money Transfer 💸Enjoy high maximum transfers into more than 20 currencies while saving up to 90% over local banks! The cheap, fast way to send money abroad. Free transfer up to 500 USD!Version: 1.0
Payoneer 💰Payoneer is an online payment platform that lets you transfer money from any corner of the world! A best and must have payment service for every blogger, traveler, freelancer, affiliate marketer, consultant, virtual assistant, business person, online sellers, and receivers. Earn $25 for free by joining Payoneer. Sign Up Now!Version: 1.0