Eclipse Guide is a comprehensive and easy-to-use app for observing solar and lunar eclipses. It provides all information you need to experience and understand any eclipse of the past and the future.
***From the developers of famous astronomical app Star Walk, winner of the Apple Design Award 2010, loved by more than 20 million users around the world***
● Eclipse calendar with the list of solar and lunar eclipses of the past and the future.
● Observing eclipses from the user's location, from any other place, or from the best location for observation.
● Eclipse simulation with the play button to get a visual representation of the celestial event from its beginning to the end.
● World map showing the eclipse path accompanied by the info about the sun coverage and the moon altitude.
● The map illustrating the gradation of eclipse visibility.
● The list of best places for eclipse observations.
● Eclipse phases, timelines, and other core information.
● Notifications about solar and lunar eclipses.
● Share the information about eclipses with friends.
The app is not limited to upcoming eclipses only - you can choose any eclipse you want to learn about and view it at home or worldwide.
● Audio guide with voice notifications won’t let you miss the desired solar or lunar eclipse. It will accompany your eclipse observation process providing comments on all the stages of the phenomenon.
● Fullscreen informative maps show the visibility of an eclipse and its path. Use them to pick a good location for your eclipse observation. Zoom in and out, check the eclipse visibility for any location.
● Star spotter simulates the sky at your observing location. Find out whether the eclipse will be visible from the selected location. Quickly identify and view solar and lunar eclipses in the sky.
The Star Spotter feature won't work for the devices that are not equipped with digital compass.
*Advanced features should be purchased separately (via In-App Purchase).
Remember: Looking directly at the Sun can cause serious eye damage or blindness. Never look at a solar eclipse without proper eye protection.
Questions or suggestions for improvements: [email protected]
We are looking forward to your feedback.
Get ready for the next eclipse with Eclipse Guide!
Eclipse Guide: Ring of Fire 21 Positive Reviews
Nice app but can’t go very far in futureI really like the design of this app and it works really well. But at the moment I can only view eclipses through 2022. That’s really not that far in the future and hope this is only because it’s a pretty new app. Hope they make eclipses further in the future able to be viewed soon.Version: 1.0.2
Very Nice App - RECOMMENDED!I bought this brand new app for the January 20, 2019 total lunar eclipse and it worked flawlessly. I was quite pleased at how it showed the terrestrial path of the eclipse, how complete or partial a view you would have from your location, and the times (and a time lapse video) for the beginning and end of each phase of the eclipse. I REALLY liked being able to turn on the specific alarms/notifications that I wanted (just “click” the red alarm clock symbol in the event list for the ones you want to be notified for). I’ve already gotten my 99 cents’ worth!
That said, there were a couple things I would like to see in the next update. Number one is the option to choose a 12 hour clock. I understand the scientific reasons for the 24 hour clock but conventional timing for both the time lapse video and live clocks would have made the app much easier to use. Also, I really like that you can browse past and future eclipses (with a handy eye icon that tells you which will be visible from your location), but graying out past eclipses would have made it easier to see “when” I was as I browsed.
Overall this app is more than worth the 99 cents, and I hope a few minor tweaks will make it even better. I recommend it..Version: 1.0.2
Vito gets it.These folks are the wizards of the galaxy. I own and use many of the apps they have created. I started out with Starwalk and never looked back. I recently sold a telescope to a couple of college kids. I asked them if they had heard of Vito. “Oh yeah” and then they rattled off the apps they used. This Eclipse app is a bonus. It’s so well designed much like Starwalk 2. I wish it had been around when I was a kid, I may Ave changed professions.
Worth every penny..Version: 2.0.11
Spam notificationsI purchased this app only to be notified of upcoming eclipses. I am receiving notifications such as “Retrograde motion demystified” and “Why do we have seasons”. These educational notifications would be fine if I could turn them off but it looks like it isn’t possible. I’d have to disable all notifications for the app via the iOS settings app but that would defeat the purpose of the app, which is just to be notified of eclipses!.Version: 2.1.2
Needs more eclipsesLayout is nice and easy to use but they need to add more future eclipses. The 2024 North American eclipse is going to be a big one for many people and needs to be added. I would say only flaw..Version: 2.0.3
Nice App needs adjustmentOn iPad the bottom is blocked by the menu. Nice App.Version: 2.1.1
Fantastic App!Love this app since it is so versatile and shows you exactly what you can see and when from anywhere in the world!.Version: 1.0.2
Get what you pay forFor 99c not much. Should’ve bundled the extra $0.99 with the original since it’s not that useful without it..Version: 2.1.2
NavigateGood informative list.Version: 1.0.2
Eclipse GuideGreat app for latest solar & lunar eclipses..Version: 1.0.2
Free International Money Transfer 💸Enjoy high maximum transfers into more than 20 currencies while saving up to 90% over local banks! The cheap, fast way to send money abroad. Free transfer up to 500 USD!Version: 2.1.2